By Staff Writer
Did you know that only around 10% of your audience is actively looking to make a purchase? The remaining 90% may not be considering a purchase yet. Education-based marketing bridges this gap by providing valuable information about their buying decisions. By teaching prospects something valuable, you attract interest and, in turn, gain credibility as an expert. This sets the stage to seamlessly introduce your services or solutions.
The secret to expediting this process? Education-based marketing. HappyValley Industry is built on the core belief that education-based marketing works to attract stakeholders and convert them into leads, customers, even top talent and donors, with the right message.
We’ve broken down the concept we use here. Whether providing a sales support strategy or supporting a non-profit organization in raising important funds, education-based is an effective, long-term strategy for building community with your audience and gaining their trust.
Teach, Don't Sell
Instead of focusing solely on selling your products or services, provide valuable educational content to your audience. Use bold storytelling to position yourself as an expert who shares knowledge and insights that benefit your target market. Make your prospects part of your community.
Build Trust and Credibility
Education-based marketing is not just about selling; it's about building trust and credibility over time. Consistently delivering valuable content establishes your reputation as a reliable source of information. Use personalization so your prospects know you know them and their unique problems.
Consistency is Key
Be consistent in your educational efforts. Regularly share insights, updates, and educational content to stay top-of-mind with your audience.
Develop high-quality content, such as blog posts, articles, and videos, that educates your audience. Share actionable tips, case studies, and industry trends to demonstrate your knowledge.
Positioning as an Authority
Establish yourself as an authority figure by contributing articles to industry publications or speaking at conferences. Leverage social media to share your expertise and engage with your audience.
Address Customer Pain Points
Identify the pain points and challenges your customers face, and tailor your educational content to address those issues. Show measurable proof that your products or services can provide solutions to these challenges.
Email Marketing with Value
Use email marketing campaigns to deliver educational content directly to your audience. Provide valuable insights, tips, and resources that genuinely help your subscribers. According to Flodesk, email marketing promises the highest ROI of all marketing channels, earning an average of $42 back for every dollar spent. Their analysis of over 6.4 billion emails found an average open rate of 46.32% and an average click-through rate of 1.94%. Data showed the highest open rates on Fridays and better performance with emails using segmentation.
Educational Webinars and Workshops
Host webinars, workshops, or seminars that offer in-depth insights into relevant topics within your industry. Use these events to showcase your expertise and build trust with potential customers.
White Papers and Reports
Create in-depth white papers or reports that address key challenges or trends in your industry. Distribute these materials to your target audience, positioning your business as a thought leader.
Offer free resources, such as ebooks, guides, or downloadable resources, that provide valuable information to your audience. Use these materials to capture leads and nurture relationships with potential customers.
When you educate a prospect, you go beyond selling a solution – you offer a greater value by elevating their knowledge, making them experts in areas critical to their business and professional success. Your expertise, backed by data, becomes a core part of the story illustrating how your product or service is a solution.
Have you incorporated education-based marketing into your sales strategy? If so, how has it worked for you? If not, what’s holding you back? Not seeing how education-based marketing can fit into your sales strategy? Tell us why in the comments.
HappyValley Industry leverages education-based marketing, showcasing solutions for local businesses through compelling, educational stories. If you are not using education-based marketing in your sales process, explore how joining HappyValley Industry’s co-op can seamlessly integrate this strategic approach with you. Click here to sign up for more information about education-based marketing and take the first step toward becoming a trusted advisor in your industry.