TechKnowServ Corp. (TKS – www.techknowserv.com), headquartered in State College, PA, provides advanced non-destructive and engineering services to over 400 clients in the U.S. and internationally. Industries served include the amusement park industry, energy, transportation, microelectronics and many others.
TKS is looking to immediately hire a full-time junior to mid-level engineer or technician join our team. The candidate will be tasked with supporting our NDT service line, NDT training line, and NDT product line. The candidate will work closely with other team members and will make significant contributions to the development and operation of the TKS’ offerings.
The qualifications listed below give a high-level overview of what we’re looking for in an NDT Engineer.
If you are excited about the position and feel that you could bring valuable experience to our team, we encourage you to apply.
Nondestructive testing technician and/or engineer includes the following responsibilities but not limited to:
· Completing technical tasks on-time according to specification
· Interface with vendors, suppliers, and prospective clients in a professional manner
· Become technically proficient in TKS’s full range of NDT and field inspection services including acoustic emission testing in DOT cylinders, phased array testing, magnetic flux leakage etc.
· Work within a team of inspectors and project managers to ensure testing is completed cost efficiently and with the highest quality
· Interface with customers, vendors, suppliers, and prospective clients in a professional manner General Responsibilities
· Must be able to work in confined spaces
· Must be able to work at heights
· Must keep work area clean and hazard free
· Must turn in reports in a professional and timely manner
· Must properly troubleshoot and maintain company equipment
· Must report time and expenses accurately – documentation may be required for expenses
· Monday – Friday – 8:00am – 5:00pm
· Some extended workdays and weekend work required as needed
· 50% or as required to support duties
· 60 days from start date
Education and Work Experience
· 2 year technical degree or 4 year engineering degree preferred
· To perform at NDT level 2 within 30 days
· Knowledge of nondestructive testing technology, weld inspection, welding, strength of materials
· Demonstrated superior communication ability, both written and oral
· Strong new business and client relationship skills
· Team player, resourceful and conscientious, detail oriented and professional
· Impeccable references and track record
Compensation and Terms