3 Dots Downtown is an arts and innovation center that was opened in Summer 2019 and unfortunately closed due to the pandemic in early 2020. We expect to reopen in the late spring or early summer and need a visionary, nimble and energetic Executive Director to help reset the organization in the community, restart operations and prepare for the future.
The Executive Director’s position breaks down into two major roles.
The first is primarily visionary and relationship building. It begins immediately and will be ongoing. Building on 3 Dots’ accomplishments during year one, you will work closely with our Board of Directors and Innovation Director to help to plan and establish our direction for 2021 and beyond. This includes building the partnerships and funding relationships that will enable us to grow and thrive for years to come.
The second is operational which will start as we approach reopening and commence programming. With our direction firmly established, your job will expand to include overseeing all aspects of operations. This includes:
- Refining the processes and systems we have in place.
- Determining the partners we need and staff we can afford.
- Hiring, training and overseeing staff and volunteers to ensure operations run smoothly.
- Establish networks in the community.
- Communication and planning.
Above all else, our new Executive Director should:
- Have proven fundraising skills.
- Thrive on establishing and maintaining relationships.
- Love the arts.
- Possess excellent communication and organization skills.
The ideal candidate will:
- Enjoy building and growing a community organization.
- Show initiative and work independently.
- Be proactive and prepared to grow as the job evolves.
- Be flexible and nimble while working in a dynamic environment.
- Have the ability to stay positive during challenging situations.
- Be able to coordinate multiple, concurrent projects and relationships.
- Be open to all kinds of artistic and innovative experiences.
Adapt and execute our vision:
- We need someone who will work closely with the Board to collectively envision and determine the right path forward after the challenging time of the pandemic.
- We need to continually build on our brand of an inviting atmosphere with a “great vibe.”
Philanthropic fundraising and partnerships:
- Build on existing funding resources.
- Establish and maintain relationships with funding organizations, individual donors, partner organizations and local art organizations.
- Build relationships with National, Regional and State arts organizations and funders.
- Work with our social media agency to maintain active communications.
- Implement marketing strategy for email, print and non-social media outreach.
- Coordinate website updates.
Oversee event planning and space logistics:
- Work with 3 Dots Innovation Director to conceptualize and carry out 3 Dots events.
- Provide external event planners with the information and guidelines required to plan their events and assure that events meet legal, code and permitting requirements.
- Update and adjust systems including rental management, event registration, payments and agreements.
- Oversee general building and equipment maintenance.
- Evaluate the ongoing needs of the space.
Oversee staff and volunteers:
- Coordinate part-time event staff, volunteers, vendors and event hosts to ensure events are well run, safety protocols are met and the space is properly staffed.
- Coordinate Board meetings and communications.
- Bachelor’s degree in the Arts, Marketing or Communications would be a plus.
- 5+ years of work experience.
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and experienced with basic computer platforms such as Google Suite, Eventbrite and MailChimp. WordPress experience is a plus.
- Full-time exempt position
- Flexible hours with frequent evening and weekend hours required
To Apply: Please upload both a resume AND a cover letter to your application.
_Applicants will be fully considered up until March 1, 2021. After that date, we will continue to take applications until the position has been filled._
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
Our event space has been closed during COVID-19. As it becomes safe to re-open, we will take all necessary precautions to ensure staff and community members are safe in the space.
- One location
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
Company's Facebook page:
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place